
Van has great produce. There are many family run grocery stores that sell the freshest fruits and vegetables. And the prices are superb. One of my favorite places is Kin’s Market. It isn't the cheapest in comparison to stores on Commercial and Broadway, but it's organized and clean. Another thing I like about it is that they have one dollar bags of bruised items. Usually by the time I get to Kin’s all the one dollar bags have been picked over. This afternoon I came out with 2 kilos of organic bananas and a kilo and half of tomatoes. Today’s dinner is inspired by a bag of ripe tomatoes.

Stewed Tomatoes and Pork
Tomatoes
Pork
Onions
Garlic
Fresh herbs from my garden
1 cup of red wine
water

2 comments:
I'd invite myself over to dinner if I could.
My door is always open for you.
Post a Comment